Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A whole new world....kind of...

So I took a break from the whole blogging world for a while to concentrate on the new family addition and making it all work, and now that everyone is adjusted and doing well with it, immmmm back :). So the day for baby to be here finally came, after ten loooong months of pregnancy! Collin Joseph Geraway, was born on December 10, 2012 at 2:33pm weighing 7lbs 7oz and 19 inches long. He had the expected ten fingers, ten toes, and came out absolutely perfect. I spent three looooong days in the hospital before I got to go home and enjoy my family.
Once we got home, I had forgotten how different it is to have a baby...I was so used to a seven year old that was self sufficient, could tell me what he wanted or what was wrong with him, and who slept through the night. Now, here I am, recovering from delivery, taking care of a baby, and managing my seven year old, all while doing my wifely duties of cooking and maintaining the household. Wow. What a change. Luckily, my oldest son is very efficient and amazingly helpful when it comes to his little brother. He's always willing to hold or feed him...although its not any easier because I still have to sit with him and watch him, but it's endearing that he at least wants to try. I am very lucky that I have a grateful son who is excited to have a brother, rather than jealous or bitter.
So needless to say, after a few sleepless nights, some arguments with the husband, and lots and lots of tears, things straightened out, we became a well working team rather quickly, and routine set into our daily lives faster than expected. Today Collin is a month old, and although things aren't perfect, we are grateful to have two amazing children. Now that bathtimes are done, kids are fed and tucked into bed, the laundry is in the dryer, dishes are done and the alarm clock is set, it's time for this young, but rather old feeling mom, to go to bed! Ohhhh motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment